making a referral for an IMCA, the following questions will be useful
- Does the person have a
condition which is affecting their ability to make decisions?
- Is the person facing a decision about serious
medical treatment or a change of accommodation?
- decisions relating to Adult
- a care/accommodation review
where it is felt that the person would benefit from IMCA?
- Is the person 16 years or
- Does the person lack
capacity to make the particular decision?
- Is there nobody (other than
paid workers) whom the decision-maker considers are willing and able
to be consulted about the decision?
- Is there family or friends
available who it is felt are not appropriate to consult with? (Please
refer to sections 10.74-79 of the MCA
Code of Practice)
If you would like to discuss whether a person is eligible for the
IMCA service please contact on:
01656 649557 or 01656 651450
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or